Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Barenaked Series

I know this intro blog post is more than LATE, but I just wanted to talk more about why I came up with this particular series.

I've had a lot of eyeshadow palettes from DollFace Cosmetics, three of which are my absolute favorites:
  • Barenaked Palette
Photo credit: DollFace Cosmetics

  • Jetset Palette
Photo credit: DollFace Cosmetics
  • 88 Earth Color Palette
Photo credit: DollFace Cosmetics

But let's focus on the latest one which is the Barenaked Palette. It's amazing simply because:
  1. It has a variety of eyeshadow types such as: satin, matte, shimmery, and even iridescent ones!
  2. It contains warm colors. Who doesn't love warm tones, right? It's not too light, nor too dark.
  3. The colors complement each other. You will never run out of mix and match ideas with this one.
  4. You get two palettes in one case.
  5. It's reasonably priced and available locally!
Bearing these things in mind, I thought it would be great to dedicate a series of tutorials that would showcase a variety of looks that can be done using the palette. It will definitely tickle my creativity!

What better way to find inspiration than to refer to some of my personal make-up icons! I guess icons would be too flashy of a word to use, but these Barenaked Ladies always look fabulous and I especially love the kind of make-up they wear.

If you don't know by now, I've already posted my first installment for the series and i featured none other than Kim Kardashian. We always see her with a smokey look, so when I found a picture of her online with very bare, neautral, almost nude make-up; I just had to do a tutorial on it.


Here is my take on the look:


If you want to see more photos, just visit my Facebook public page here . You will also find all my other YouTube tutorial pictures. If you want to learn how to recreate this look, here is the tutorial:


For your convenience, here's the list of products I used for the look:

FACE
Ever Bilena Wand Concealer in Very Vanilla
San San concealer in Natural
Ever Bilena Mousse concealer in Pure Beige
Ever Bilena Studio Finish Stick Foundation in Creme
MAC Studio Fix foundation in NC30

EYEBROWS
In2it brow cake in the lightest color
Fashion 21 eyebrow pencil in black

EYES
Ever Bilena Advance Smooth eyes base
Barenaked palette
Fashion 21 liquid liner
Wet & Wild Mega plump mascara
Wet & Wild Lash intense mascara (lower lashes)

CHEEKS
Fashion 21 stick blush in 07
Ellana mineral blush in Fulfillment

Lips
Oseur in Needle in the Sea
Kiss Beauty Lip Gloss in no. 02

*You can use NYX round lipstick in Pure nude. I forgot I had one!


Who will be my next Barenaked Lady? Can you guess? I wanna spill the beans, but I have to resist. Just keep posted on my next tutorial! I'm excited...are you?

Have a great day!

Janah xo

2 comments: