Friday, August 31, 2012

Review: 5-in-1 Color Collection in Downtown Diva

Here's another review for all of you. I have been using this palette the whole month of August and I've been loving it! I haven't used any other palette since it has 5 different ones you can choose from.

I purchased this set from Ulta early this month and wasn't expecting anything great considering it was only around $19. It's originally $25 but was put on sale so I decided to try it out. I read a few mixed reviews from the site, but generally they found it decent and great for every day.

This is from my instagram.


When I finally received it in the mail, I was so excited because it was placed in a very pretty, high-quality, and colorful pouch and it had built-in separators where the palettes are inserted in. I love that it's so put together and they really though it out. I guess not expecting much paid off. I was pleasantly surprised.

Sorry for the glare, it's the reflection of the plastic cover.


It has 5 different palettes: Natural Eye, Soft & Pretty, Smokey Eye, Glitz & Glam, and Techno Pop The 6th one is a set of 3 dual ended pencil liners and 2 lip glosses. Did I mention they had their own compartments in the bag? (IKR!?)


Flirtini & Whisper

Black-Dark Brown, Indigo-Aqua, Emerald-Plum

Let's take a closer look at each palette so you'll have an idea of how they offer a variety of colors to choose from, not to mention different looks you can create with them.

I placed the names myself because the labels at the back were confusing; they were placed the other way around (instead of naming from L-R, they labeled it R-L) It's a good thing each palette has a plastic container to keep them safe from damage and I can just place the label on top of it.

Natural Eye Palette


Soft & Pretty Palette


Smokey Eye Palette


Glitz & Glam Palette


Techno Pop Palette


I've religiously swatched each eye shadow from each palette for all of you to see how they look. It's not enough for me to say my piece about them. It's better that you see for yourself. On the left you will see all 8 eye shadows and at the top right you will see the highlighiting colors (I guess?) and the bottom right are the blushes.







Now, it's time to share what I think about this set:
PROS:
  • The pouch is fantastic. It's durable and you can definitely bring it with you when traveling.
  • Each palette is so put together. Each one has a name on top and a list of the eye shadows at the back, plus a plastic cover to protect it.
  • Not only does it have 5 palettes, it also has a total of 6 eye liners and 2 lip glosses to choose from.
  • The over-all look of this set is very high end and quality-made.
  • I love that each palette's name gives you an idea of what looks you can create.
  • It offers a wide selection of eye shadows and blushes. They are a mix of satin, shimmery, matte, and glittery eye shadows.
  • The eye shadows have good pigmentation, not great, but definitely appropriate for every day use.
  • The eye liners are great. They have great pigmentation, creamy, and easy to apply.
  • The lip glosses are nothing extra special, but they get the job done.
  • It's convenient, durable, useful, and good quality. For the price you are paying, this is definitely a steal!
CONS:
  • The blushes aren't as pigmented as the eye shadows.
  • The lasting power of the blushes are not that reliable
  •   You may have to put the pouch away if you want to get instant access of the palettes; unless you find a way to display them while inside the pouch. (trust me, I tried)
    • What I do is I stack them together at a safe corner and just slide them out from the plastic containers. I make sure the palette names are facing me.
  •  The eye shadows from the Techno Pop palette are a bit chalky.
Those are my thoughts about this product. Here's a look I created recently using a mix of eye shadows from the palettes in this set.


 Here are a few high resolution photos of myself with this eye makeup:





 Some have asked for a tutorial for this, let me know if you want me to do one and I can probably find time to do it right before I get back to studying. I won't be posting another blog post any time soon after this. I really need to get started again with my studying. I will be doing an August Favorites video though, so watch out for that.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. What do you think of the palette? Once again, let me know if you want me to do a tutorial on this look.

See you in my next post! Don't forget to check out my latest video where I talk about what's been going on in my life and RuxChic!


4 comments:

  1. this looks like a great palette sis,minus the chalkiness of some shades. but the colors look very wearable. and look at that blending, wishing i can blend mine as beautiful as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great purchase for sure! When it comes to blending, having the right brush, a gentle hand, patience, and a good eye will definitely help :D

      Delete
  2. such a versatile palette...and it's only $19... cool ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have yet to try this one! thanks for sharing!

    mind to take a look at my blog? hope you can drop by at:

    http://misslitratista.blogspot.com

    feel free to follow if you like it. looking forward to more of your posts. :)

    xoxo, Chamee

    ReplyDelete