Thursday, September 1, 2011

Manila Meet-up at Blue Wave

After Pampanga, Joseph and I went to Manila where we will be staying until September 2. He's going back to work, and I will fly back home to Cebu. It's a sad inevitable event that I will have to deal with in the following days, but I just wanted to share with you a great experience I had when I met with a few YouTube personalities from Manila.

I organized a meet-up via anyvite.com and sent the email to a few people I knew here in Manila. Here is the invitation:


When the day finally came, a few changes occurred. Instead of Mannang, Joseph and  I decided to go to Blue Wave because of the live band and of course a change of scenery.

The expected people were Trina of thebestsoylatteandme Tina of angkikayko Charles of Wickermoss Anna of thecountessanna and Say of Saytiocoartillero I invited a lot of people; however, Manila is such a big place that organizing a meet-up isn't easy as pie. Most of them had issues with traveling and or they have a busy schedule.

Sab of MissCoryPotts and Andi of Ohitsandee were not sure if they could attend, but they did say they will try. I was so happy when Sab texted that she was on her way to Manila (from Baguio, okay) and was picking up Andi. It was definitely a treat.

It was too bad that Charles and Anna who are from Quezon City, I think, had last minute issues with transportation. Say also tweeted me at the last minute that she couldn't go. It was unfortunate, but I was looking forward to everyone else who were coming.

Trina, Tina, and I right across the stage.

Joseph and I had dinner at this really good Chinese restaurant called The Good Chi Restaurant beside Shakey's. They had a great menu and very affordable prices. I have to say I miss their Congee already. You should try the mixed seafood congee, you will not regret it.

A few minutes after finishing dinner, Trina arrived! It was not awkward at all. I was still a bit psyched that we were talking face to face, knowing for a fact that we just watched each other on YouTube. We talked about a lot of stuff and then Tina arrived.

Man, Tina is one hot momma! She is so freakishly tall! I love her bubbly personality and she is just the sweetest. We got to listen to the acoustic band playing. Good thing Joseph took videos.


I don't really know the name of the band, I know, I know, I suck. The next band that came after these guys were really good too. One of the members was Brennan who is also a TV personality. He was part of a singing contest in GMA and I remember him as the boy from the show Sineskwela


Brennan and I


Sabrina and Andi finally arrived and the fun truly started. Sab even sang on stage! I felt like she wanted to murder me on the spot when I shouted her name to jam with the band. We were all in it. I wish I could post the video for you guys, but I'm afraid Sab might really kill me.

Andi, Trina, Sab, Tina, and me!

Beautiful ladies

Group shot!

You would assume that since we vlog and blog about beauty and the likes, that's all we talked about. It's ironic, but we didn't even talk about make-up. We talked about life, catching up on busy schedules, making videos, YouTube, and all that good stuff.

It was a really great evening, topped off with the biggest onion rings I have ever seen in my life!


Do you agree? I mean, I don't know about you, but I didn't think onions could grow that big. Nevertheless, it was delicious.

Good food, good company, great music. It was a night to remember. It won't be the last, that's for sure!

3 comments:

  1. Joseph's cam is just the bomb! I wonder what his cam is...

    waaaa I wish I can go with you next time and meet all those awesome people. and now I'm drooling over those HUGE onion rings... those are even bigger than the ones that I love from "Big City"

    ReplyDelete
  2. His camera is a Panasonic Lumix GH1 with prime lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper glad I got to finally meet you Janah! POST SAB'S VIDEO NA! Hahhaha kidding :) Thanks again for the lippy love, it's gorgeous ;)

    ReplyDelete