Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Go for Gold this Spring!

Summer is the best time to flaunt bright colors. If you're not the type of person who enjoys too much colors though, something neutral but bright would be perfect for you. What color would that be? Gold of course!

I know it sounds scary when you say it -- GOLD. But there are a variety of shades and eye shadow finishes for this color. You can simply pick which ones you're comfortable with. As for me, I love any shade and finish of gold eye shadows, but with this tutorial I will be sharing with you, it's a more warm tone. If you want something more glam, you can check out my other tutorial using the Ever Bilena Mineral Eyes palette here. It features a more cooler, brighter gold with a mix of warm ones too.

This is the look I wore on my April Favorites video that I mentioned in my I'm so Vain post where I displayed utter affections for yours truly. Shameful.




These are all the products I used to achieve this look:
FACE
  • Benefit That Gal brightening face primer
  • Revlon Colorstay in Golden Beige
  • Maybelline Dream Lumi highlighting pen in Fair (under eyes)
  • Ever Bilena mousse councealer in Pure Beige
  • Careline pressed powder in Honey
  • Fanny Serrano 2-way cake in Duchess
  • ELF High Definition powder
  • ELF Set & Spray
EYEBROWS
  • San San eyebrow pencil in no. 03
  • ELF eyebrow powder in Light
  • Allue hair mascara in gold
EYES
  • ELF eye primer
  • Ever Bilena mousse eye shadow in Amber
  • ELF 32 warm eye shadow palette
  • Oseaur shimmery eye shadow (I don't know the color or number! :/)
  • L'oreal Lineur intense liquid eyeliner in carbon black
  • ELF false eyelashes in natural
LIPS
  • Revlon lipstick in Soft Nude
  • Buxom lip gloss in Dolly

For a tutorial on this look, just check out my video:


It's a very simple and easy tutorial that you can readily try for any kind of occasion. It's not dramatic, nor is it boring. It's something I could wear every day. Here are some shots of the look:




What are you rocking this Spring & Summer? What about the trends? I've been loving pastels and minimalist looks lately. There's something about the simplicity of it that just makes me feel so classy (CHAR) haha! Enough of my rantings, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Don't forget to follow my blog for more updates.

Till next time!
 

1 comment: