Monday, July 30, 2012

A Review of Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen


If you haven't seen my Influenster Summer Voxbox Review above, then you might want to check it out because I talk about the products I received in a more fast-paced, generalized kind of way. One of them is the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Lotion Sunscreen that's one of my Current Summer Must Haves!

If you don't follow me on instagram (maricarljanah) then you might have missed this post:



I wanted to do separate reviews of my Summer Voxbox products because:
  1. I love all the products.
  2. I'm really using them every day.
  3. This blog post is more detailed and in depth.
  4. for future reference if you ever decide to get one for yourself.
These are the facts about the product from the Influenster page:
Also available in SPF 12, 30, 50!

With its ultra-luxurious hydrating silk ribbons, Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration™ lotion sunscreen nourishes and pampers skin while providing broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, and 12-hour moisturization when out in the sun.

Where to Buy
You can find Hawaiian Tropic products at most major retailers.

Suggested retail price: $8.99 for a 6oz bottle


These are the things I've observed from using this lotion for the past month:

PROS:
  •  The packaging is travel sized and convenient. You can quickly shove it in your purse or beach bag.
  • The design of the packaging reminds you of Summer and the beach.
  • I love that the lotion has orange streaks on it. I feel like such a dork every time I use it because I literally stare at the streaks in awe (tiny confession?)
  • It smells like Shea butter or Coconuts. It's not overwhelming and it stays on your skin quite lightly.
  • It feels smooth and easy to blend when applied on the skin.
  • It dries up quickly and sinks in your skin.
  • It feels smooth and moisturized without the greasy or wet feeling.
  • It's in lotion form so it's perfect for hot days.
  • My skin feels so nice the whole day!
  • In terms of sun protection, I am impressed. I went to a music festival on a very hot Summer day and was wearing a dress. I was out under the blazing heat for more than 5 hours but did not get sun burn with this product on. It was the perfect opportunity to test it out and it came through with flying colors!
  • It's affordable!

CONS:
  • Availability in other countries is questionable, but you can purchase it on Amazon, just click here.
That's all  I have to say about this product. If you have used this too, let me know what you think in the comments below, or link me your blog posts. I would love to read them too.

I hope this was helpful and stay tuned for other product reviews. Thank your for  reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment